CARTS & LSVS
GOLF CART & LSV OPERATION ON SOUTH HAVEN CITY STREETS
Use of Basic Golf Carts & LSVs are allowed in the City of South Haven between April 15th and October 15th. The statute has restrictions on the operation of Basic Golf Carts & LSVs within a city including the following:
- Operators must be at least 16 years of age and have a valid driver’s license.
- Operators must comply with signal requirements set forth in MCL 257.648 (i.e. using hand signals to signal a turn, etc.)
- Basic Golf Carts must be driven as close to the right side of the roadway as practicable, with a maximum speed limit of 15 mph and cannot operate on any road with a speed limit greater than 30 mph.
- LSVs must be driven as close to the right side of the roadway as practicable with a maximum speed of 25 mph and cannot operate on any road with a speed limit greater than 35mph.
- Golf Carts or LSVs may not be operated ½ hour before sunset to ½ hour after sunrise.
- Golf carts may not be operated on pedestrian sidewalks or on state line trunk highways except to cross. Refer to operating map for details, or confirm with us first.
- The latest start time for motorized rental is 2 hours before Sundown.
- Weather may cause unsafe boating conditions in which we may have to cancel the reservation.
- We reserve the right to cancel any reservation for any reason, if we feel the group will harm our equipment or each other.
- Reservations are required however, our boat rentals can be made same day. We begin taking weekend reservations in March for the Summer season.
- $200 down required at the time of booking with a signed rental agreement. The remaining balance is due 7 days prior to rental.
- Due to time restrictions, Rentals will begin at the scheduled time and will not be added to the ending time.
- We recommend to arrive 30 minutes early for parking, training and fitting for life jackets.
- All Rentals do include Life Jackets, and all coast guard required safety items.
- Rental rates do not include fuel or taxes.
- Note that cancelling your rental will result in forfeiture of rental deposit (50% of rental cost). Cancellation on DAY OF results in forfeiture of entire rental cost. To cancel your booking, contact Blue Water Boat Rentals directly at 888-426-2864.